Today's refrigerator appliances have evolved as integral to convenient, healthy living. Researching must-have refrigerator features and other considerations in smart refrigeration is as important as visiting appliance stores in person. Prior to purchasing at a home appliance store, consumers should compare refrigerator features, brands, and styles within their individual budgets.
Top Refrigerator Features
Appliances have improved in the 21st century, and many refrigerators come with new, interesting features. Best features topping any consumer's must-have refrigerator features list rank higher in importance than novel ones, though.
- Buy a refrigerator with adjustable, tempered glass shelves. Tempered glass is safe, strong, and durable. Adjustable tempered glass shelves in refrigerators maximize space options and improve ease of refrigerator cleaning.
- Check for Energy Star compliance. Energy-efficient refrigerators save roughly 10 percent on energy bills yearly. More important is that owning Energy Star refrigerators is a great way to passively reduce environmental footprint daily.
- Shop for counter depth refrigerators. Counter depth refrigerators have been commonplace for decades, but a surprising many forget to look for this feature. A counter-depth refrigerator makes the appliance more convenient and looks more custom and built-in.
- Shop for 4-door refrigerators and 5-door models. These models have more options for adjustable storage and temperature control for optimal food safety.
- Watch TV while you cook. This is both a relatively new feature in the history of modern refrigeration, and one that should be included in buyers' must-have refrigerator features lists. Though built-in televisions are relatively new, today's refrigerator TVs are sleeker, clearer, and have more of their own features than ever.
Must-have refrigerator features should be features that best suit lifestyles and budgets, several of which are also interesting and new. Choosing the top must-have options for a refrigerator is easy to narrow down after considering what is wanted out of a refrigerator and what is most important.